Drumming is energy and joy, a perfect way to start or to finish the day! Join us for this fun and interactive course, designed to introduce you to the fantastic world of rhythm, drumming and percussion.
During the 6 weeks, you will learn the fundamentals of hand drumming, drumming techniques and rhythmic phrasing. We will explore traditional and popular rhythms from around the world, and we’ll develop our group interaction and listening skills through engaging and fun rhythm exercises and activities.
The course builds on group dynamics and team work, and it focuses on listening and interaction skills, fundamental elements for playing music together! Drumming and percussion is an essential part of traditional and folkloric music in many cultures throughout the world. Whether we drum with our hands or with sticks, or we use our body or day to day objects, rhythm brings us together in a group, where we all play an important part!
Course details: Groups are on Monday or Thursday evenings from 7-8:30pm for a maximum of 7 people per group, to ensure an optimal learning experience.
New course starting on the week of 22nd of January until the week of 4th of March 2024. Please note there will be no classes during midterm break in the week of February 12th. Price for the 6 weeks course is €150 with all instruments provided. (incl.23%VAT) Join us! After completing one of our 6 weeks course you can join our continuation group only for former students on Wednesday evenings!
What our students say!
“I can highly recommend the beginner’s Drumming course! Alan is so patient and introduces topics slowly but at the same time I felt we were being introduced to lots of new concepts every week. I really had no idea how much I would learn and I’m glad I did the course.” Mary Fitzgerald
“Excellent course, would highly recommend. Alan was a really great teacher, patient and clear. As a complete beginner I found this course fun and informative. Can’t wait to build on the skills learned!” by Edel
Adults classes and courses T&C, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS. Please note that by enrolling in our classes you agree to the following:
Set up a reminder: There are not scheduled email reminders for the beginning of your classes.We won’t be able to issue partial refunds or offer recovery classes for late start or any missed classes.
In the case you miss classes due to any kind of illness, including COVID-19, we won’t be able to issue partial refunds or offer recovery classes.
Please note that the use of a face mask for the duration of our classes is not mandatory, but there might be participants who will prefer to keep using it. We kindly ask to respect individual choices, and please do wear a face mask if you feel you might be at health risk. Thank you.
- In the case that Just Art It has to cancel the course, we will issue a full refund.
- If need to cancel your booking, we operate a strict 10 working day notice in order to issue a refund, due to the limited number of students we cater for.
- Please note that bookings are not transferable to another course or date in any circumstances.
- If a last minute cancellation occurs, we will try our best to fill your space, however we can only offer a refund if someone else books your place. If a friend or family member wants to take your place for the full duration of the course we have to be notified at least 48 hours before starting the course, and the person has to comply with our classes terms and conditions. Also, in this case we are not responsible for any type of fee exchanges or transactions.
- No refund will be issued if you provide us with false booking information.